Take the trouble out of refrigeration with 1-5 year rental contracts.View our range
A new survey from mobile commerce and engagement platform, GPShopper, looks at important shifts in consumer behavior. GPShopper surveyed almost 1,400 shoppers finding that 67% of those who were interested in using technology in-store are also interested in purchasing online and collecting in-store.
The convenient option of click and collect has been introduced by retailers (food retailers in particular) for many years now. However, the seasonal rush makes shoppers more receptive to the service. Indeed, some 53% of shoppers surveyed cited crowds and long queues as some of the most stressful factors of holiday shopping. The other 47% said that not being able to find the product they want is stressful.
More interestingly, GPShopper’s survey found that shoppers will fuse together in-store and online shipping with over 39% of seasonal shopping planned in equal parts in-store and online. Only 17% said that they would do all their shopping online.
The integration of offline and online is by no means a new trend, it has been 15 years in the making, however, there is no doubt that it is continually evolving the way many shop during the busiest time of the year.
How is your business responding to changing consumer behavior? Team Lowe’s retail division provides innovative click and collect solutions for retailers through convenient “grab and go” refrigeration and cold room solutions. Contact a member of the team to find out more.
If you have a query about our products or services, please get in touch ...